These artistic chocolate abstracts are very easy to make and they will instantly dress up any sort of dessert, starting from ice-cream up to some fancy cakes.
All you need is 4 ounces (or more) semisweet or dark chocolate chips, a squeeze bottle, parchment paper, and a microwave.
1. Line a tray that fits in your freezer with parchment paper.
2. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container and melt for 20 seconds. Then stir and microwave for another 10 seconds. Beware that chocolate burns easily, so check and stir every 10 seconds until fully melted. After you melt the chocolate, let it cool a little before making the abstracts.
3. Pour the melted chocolate into a squeeze bottle using a plastic funnel (this will help you to avoid mess in your kitchen).
4. Squeeze chocolate over the parchment paper, shaping the abstracts. Leave a bit of space between each shape, for easy removal.
5. Place the tray into the freezer for about 2 hours. Once the chocolate is set, use a spatula to remove it from the parchment.
Chocolate abstracts may be stored for several days in the freezer between sheets of parchment paper. when you are ready to serve dessert, just take it out and dress up with these little cuties.
Photos credit: William Geddes