I thought it would be fun to share with you an easy and quick DIY for a felt gift card envelope. Little Valentine's cards can be a great simple gift, but making a unique little envelope to put them in can make them extra special.
Here are the materials you’ll need:
1. Felt! The brighter and more fun the colors, the better.
2. Sewing Supplies – Scissors, Embroidery Thread, Pins, Needle.
3. A Gift Card Envelope Template.
4. Your Gift Card.
Here’s how you make it:
1. Cut out your envelope using the template. Also cut out any details you would like to add, like a stamp or an address tag. Make it unique!
2. Stitch details onto the front of the envelope. It is much easier to stitch when the envelope isn’t sewn together yet. Use bright thread and have fun creating special details!
3. Stitch together the back of the envelope. Using your fingers, fold along the edges, pressing hard to create a good crease. Then pin together the bottom and side flaps, and stitch them together. I used a straight stitch, but a different decorative stitch could be fun too!
4. Insert your gift card and give it away!
Now look at how simple that was! It can easily be made in fifteen minutes, just one more quick trick in your gift giving arsenal. Good luck with your crafting and Happy Valentine's Day!